Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Freestyle: A Spanish Motherfucking Breeze


I recorded this freestyle on February 3rd. Its got some really nice moments.

Funny thing, I didn't sit down planning to record a freestyle. Rather, I was testing some equipment and had the tape running, when all of a sudden I got possessed. Next thing I knew I had this perfect little thing. Three minutes exactly.

Here are the lyrics:

I got a spanish muthafuckin breeze blowing through my window - through my window
I cant fall down on on my knees anymore-anymore
I tell the stories about the times and the ways and all the drugs that I did and all the days that I splayed out, out on the pages, for you to read

when the time comes, all the spanish dancers, when the time comes to me

a notorious breeze, blowing through my window, catching the scoldiness of the oven, burning all the things that I put in the kitchen
electronic funk, folk music junk, recapitulating something else that I thunk, you know the metal up in my head its made of leaven, leaven bread you know the

the function of time is making me invincible sometimes, and I cannot help but whine, because im drinking too much beer

I aint made of fear I aint made of fire I aint made of nuthin but electrical wire
I'm coarsin' through your veins, I'm stickin' up in your brains, and I know I'm electric, oh yeah
I got that ink its all up ina your eyeballs, its making your eyeballs all sorts of different colors and childs are crying in the night cuz their mothers are missing, yeah

and there's no way to think about this sunk, there's no way to think about this sunken ship
but I know that I cant help but shake my hip, and I know that I cant help but play the chick
and I know that the keys are inconsistent, and I know that im playing in the rhythm
and the sewer in the bowl and the flowing through my mind, I cant bear it anymore I cant bear it anymore

but the time was when I was a children, all the made me into something
and I walked into the summer, and I fell down and my brother he was dying in the hole I couldn't reach him, couldnt reach him, and my brother was dying and I couldnt reach him anymore, I rode that van full of firewood into the sun into the sun, and it just kept burning out I rode that van of firewood into the sun and it just kept burning out

No comments:

Post a Comment